Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oatmeal



Oatmeal. It’s warm, gooey, tasty, and delightfully healthy. I remember waking up in the mornings for school when I was a little boy, and there was always oatmeal. The oatmeal was not required, but my parents loved it so it was always ready. I often declined the oatmeal and went for a sugary cereal like Cocoa Pebbles, or Frosted Flakes. A few weeks ago I decided that oatmeal was going to be the key to my new years resolution. You see my resolution is multi faceted, it is also simple, it’s the same ever year, and its one I attain. Every year I resolve to better myself in many was such as Intellectualy and emotionally. To better my health, to better my soul, to better my sense of peace, and to feel accomplishment in as many days as possible. I have done big things like moving to and from Hawaii, gone back to school, paid off debts, been more involved with my nieces even moved into a new place, all to follow this annual pact to better myself. So how does oatmeal help?

Every morning I wake up and make myself a bowl of oatmeal, I have done, blueberries, strawberries, dried apricots, cinnamon, raisins, apple, maple syrup, and honey! Of course I don’t put all that in one bowl, today it was blue berries and honey, yesterday was raisins and brown sugar, tomorrow is going to be dried apricots and either white sugar or honey. The meal is filling, healthy (oatmeal is great for heart and cholesterol), and all the good memories I have had over oatmeal come to mind and it brings me calmness, peace and focus for the day. I do eat other things for breakfast sometimes, waffles, cereal, but since I’ve been on the oatmeal kick I just feel, harmonized. It’s a wonder full feeling. I am not stressed out (yet) I try to do my homework early, make a healthy dinner or lunch instead of going out to eat, I get to bed early, do a little house work every day, and even try to give myself time to simply do nothing. I am looking for more ideas for oatmeal, feel free to send me ideas, I have been thinking granola on top, or using an egg somehow…

No comments:

Post a Comment