Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Moveie Review/ Quotable Quote


I just watched “Did You Hear About the Morgans.” While the movie has two of my favorite stars (Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker) The movie itself was…terrible. It had a few laughs but the whole plot was well not much of a plot! Lol! I do have to mention a few great things, some of that feel good family crap you know, but for me was SJP quoting the most quotable master of verse. Master Shakespeare. She used Sonnet 116 as her wedding vow, now this sonnet is widely known, but I have decided to leave it here for all of those people who devour my blogs ☺
Sonnet 116
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose Worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom:
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.[1]
–William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment